How did you hurt yourself thread... - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree71Likes

Old 11-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #1
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default How did you hurt yourself thread...

Hereís my story...

About three years ago or so I was working in a tight crawl and went to twist my torso to work on whatever I was working on. POP! Come to find out I dislocated a rib. Once in a while it acts up.

Well yesterday I was doing my normal morning stretches and aggravated it again! Went to work anyway. Kind of a busy day. 3 faucet rebuilds, a watco, replace a kitchen faucet, 50 gallon heater, closet auger to remove a toy, grinder pump float issue, replace one stool and pull and reset another. My Master is 58 or 59, so the heavy lifting is my job. I think the heater is what really messed me up. Had to call in today. Master isnít happy about it, but just taking my kid to school hurt like heck!

Today we had an ice maker line to run, two stool leaks and a kitchen faucet. I have no choice about tomorrow. Three jobs, one of which is partially mine. Possibly a main and or laundry...

So how have you messed yourself up? Doesnít have to be work related.
Attached Thumbnails
How did you hurt yourself thread...-19a32bb8-4e7e-487d-8275-4693fc6e42e0.jpg  

OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Chiropractor is closed today. Darn it! Going to call again in the morning. I’m overdue for an adjustment anyway. Talked with my Master a few minutes ago. He’s no longer pissed. I hardly call in, and the day went well. Dude with the ice maker didn’t work out, so that’s next week. Has a ton of crap in the way apparently.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #3

View Fatpat's Photo Album My Photos

Lifting and twisting like a fool.

Now I have sciatica, which acts up twice a year for a few weeks at a time.

I’m weak as a kitten until my back feels better
OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Fatpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #4

View The Dane's Photo Album My Photos

I didn't hurt myself but think this is appropriate for this thread.

I came closer to death today than I like to think about. I was working in a basement of a new construction house and the heating guys came to add a gas line for a stove. They did their thing and bubble tested their fittings at a little manifold by the furnace where they had tied in the line. There was a natural gas smell in the basement but no bubbles and they had already earlier air tested the main gas line so they thought it was just a bit extra gas they had let out in the room. Well a good amount of time after they left I realised that the smell was not going away so I turned of the kerosene heater that was burning on the floor. Holy moly right away I hear a loud hissing noise and find a leak in 2 seconds. I run outside and turn off the main at the meter. It turns out that the electrician drilled and hit the gas line with a holesaw. My heater was sitting on the floor about 12' away from the leak. The whole basement could have exploded with me in it.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
OpenSights, skoronesa and Tango like this.
The Dane is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Dane For This Useful Post:
MACPLUMB777 (11-29-2018), Tommy plumber (11-30-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 11:07 PM   #5

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

Jeeze, i could make this a long thread. Shall i start?
OpenSights likes this.
dhal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:16 AM   #6

View Alan's Photo Album My Photos

I'm on my third injury. :(

First time I just blew up my knee (swelling to the tune of what the doc said was 4x the normal amount of fluid in the joint) from what i'm going to assume is way too much time spent squatting underneath this damn house with 8" of gooey muck underneath it. New construction and they made us crawl it after the fact.

Next one was a shoulder injury tightening gas line overhead and felt a pop in my shoulder and over the next couple of days it was making weird clicking sounds and really started bothering me to do silly little things like shut the truck door behind myself. I had to turn around and push it closed while facing it. Shoulder still is only about 90% and doc doesn't expect it to heal any more than that if it hasn't by now. Surgery wouldn't gain me any more than what i've got.

Now i'm working on a case of tennis elbow that started out as a small thing just from trying to pull start an old generator that I was thinking about buying. It's gradually gotten worse, so I just try to be careful with it for now. I think it's plateaued, so I must be doing something right. Ice and anti inflammatories like a crazy person.
OpenSights and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:20 AM   #7

View Alan's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
I didn't hurt myself but think this is appropriate for this thread.

I came closer to death today than I like to think about. I was working in a basement of a new construction house and the heating guys came to add a gas line for a stove. They did their thing and bubble tested their fittings at a little manifold by the furnace where they had tied in the line. There was a natural gas smell in the basement but no bubbles and they had already earlier air tested the main gas line so they thought it was just a bit extra gas they had let out in the room. Well a good amount of time after they left I realised that the smell was not going away so I turned of the kerosene heater that was burning on the floor. Holy moly right away I hear a loud hissing noise and find a leak in 2 seconds. I run outside and turn off the main at the meter. It turns out that the electrician drilled and hit the gas line with a holesaw. My heater was sitting on the floor about 12' away from the leak. The whole basement could have exploded with me in it.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

That is one thing I don't like about flexible gas lines. You hit a sch 40 steel pipe with that thing and it might make a mark on the pipe, but your bit is going to go duller than a pig's butthole in about 3 seconds if you keep pushing.

If the stainless steel pipe is going to be more cost effective than measuring and cutting offsets in a big house for a week, I only use it for branch lines and I try to avoid running it over the top of or under walls unless i'm a really good distance from the lumber.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:23 AM   #8

View OldNelly's Photo Album My Photos

Lower back, work. Neck, high powered snowmobiles and liquor.
OpenSights likes this.
OldNelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Heard back from chiropractor, but couldn’t call back till after she left the office.....
Old 11-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
Jeeze, i could make this a long thread. Shall i start?
Yes! When you have time.....