Hobbies/collections - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree89Likes

Old 12-22-2019, 07:53 PM   #1

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hobbies/collections

Got any hobbies? I have many. As you all know I love old/nice tools. I also love marbles.

Bidding on this right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/352889095337

I also have a pretty good zippo collection, several from the 30's and 40's. I haven't bought any in quite some time though.

OpenSights likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2019, 08:51 PM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

I collect scat and dust....
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #3

but for real, I have a ton of those toy trucks and air planes from texaco and other gas stations, what ever collectable they were selling, probably over 30 years ago..I have some collectable phone cards...and the best..I collect $$$$$$$$....
MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2019, 09:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
but for real, I have a ton of those toy trucks and air planes from texaco and other gas stations, what ever collectable they were selling, probably over 30 years ago..I have some collectable phone cards...and the best..I collect $$$$$$$$....

Collectable phone cards? Now that's new to me!!!

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
Old 12-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
Super Moderator

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Got any hobbies? I have many. As you all know I love old/nice tools. I also love marbles.

Bidding on this right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/352889095337

I also have a pretty good zippo collection, several from the 30's and 40's. I haven't bought any in quite some time though.

I got into marbles probably 10 years ago. I have a friend that did a run with a few well known marble makers. Pm me your address and Iíll send some to you. The run turned out amazing! Very collectible! Out of the gate some were going for $100+ Each! One of the investors flooded the market and Fíd the rest of the investors.

Iíve actually found some in the wild while plumbing. Nothing of value, but old!

Obviously brewing, havenít been hunting or shooting in some time...
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
OpenSights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Collectable phone cards? Now that's new to me!!!

yeah like 25 years ago a friend started selling them, alot are licensed sports stuff..I dont know what value they have now if any...some day ill check some of them out for pricing..
Old 12-22-2019, 11:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
I got into marbles probably 10 years ago. I have a friend that did a run with a few well known marble makers. Pm me your address and Iíll send some to you. The run turned out amazing! Very collectible! Out of the gate some were going for $100+ Each! One of the investors flooded the market and Fíd the rest of the investors.

Iíve actually found some in the wild while plumbing. Nothing of value, but old!

Obviously brewing, havenít been hunting or shooting in some time...

That sucks he did that. They should have at least gotten a chance to make their money back. Tragedy of the commons.

Are you talking about jabos? You have to be. Jabos are pretty cool. I like to get the classics in bulk for use as mibs when I want to play with some nice ones I don't mind clacking around. I only really give my kids the cheap stuff. I think I have posted it on here before but I have tried pretty hard to get them to like marbles. They are usually good for a game when I ask.

I mostly aim to collect peltiers which I dug up as a kid, masters, and stone/agate ones. The peltiers are usually pretty easy to find for cheap because they were common. The masters are newer so usually cheaper. Stone marbles are pretty much impossible to date(cheaper) and are really pleasant to play with. You can also get stone marbles at many museums. Occasionally shorted solitaire sets come up on ebay, they make nice mibs.

I joke I only have one real "marble". It was made by matt out in utah. His marbles are really the only ones I buy new to collect. I probably have 2-300$ of his early ones. I have this absolutely gorgeous lake superior agate from him.

Old 12-22-2019, 11:42 PM   #8
Super Moderator

My 11y/o got into comics recently, was happy to give him my collection, somehow some are missing. Went to habitat for humanity, a customer and bought a two drawer deep filing cabinet for Christmas.

We brought the cabinet from my side over. If he asks about it, mommy’s going to complain about daddy wanting it on this side. Once he realizes he didn’t get presents from mommy and daddy we’ll tell him to open a drawer.

He has well over 400 comics, bought him a few more, helps with reading! He also is really into drawing, so he’s getting a few books on drawing.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:48 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
That sucks he did that. They should have at least gotten a chance to make their money back. Tragedy of the commons.

Are you talking about jabos? You have to be. Jabos are pretty cool. I like to get the classics in bulk for use as mibs when I want to play with some nice ones I don't mind clacking around. I only really give my kids the cheap stuff. I think I have posted it on here before but I have tried pretty hard to get them to like marbles. They are usually good for a game when I ask.

I mostly aim to collect peltiers which I dug up as a kid, masters, and stone/agate ones. The peltiers are usually pretty easy to find for cheap because they were common. The masters are newer so usually cheaper. Stone marbles are pretty much impossible to date(cheaper) and are really pleasant to play with. You can also get stone marbles at many museums. Occasionally shorted solitaire sets come up on ebay, they make nice mibs.

I joke I only have one real "marble". It was made by matt out in utah. His marbles are really the only ones I buy new to collect. I probably have 2-300$ of his early ones. I have this absolutely gorgeous lake superior agate from him.

I know the name Jabo, but canít remember the names involved in the run. Rick was one...

This was an oxblood run. Put your flashlight up to the back and itís an amazing experience!
Old 12-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Send me your address and I’ll get some to you. This was a unique run!