Cell Phones - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 07-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.

View Song Dog's Photo Album My Photos
Default Cell Phones

I am looking at the Blackberry Curve or the Blackjack II. I like both but for some unknown reason I feel the urge towards the Blkbrry. Does any of you one of the 2?
Main reason is to get the GPS, email, and internet.
Any thoughts.

In Christ,

Song Dog

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #2

View Bill's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to Bill

I dont know myself, but I stay away from the internet with cell phones. One of my guys used one of my company phones (Sprint) and ran up a 2,000.00 text bill! Dont rub your eyes nor try to clean your moniter, you read right. Worst off Sprint was told from day 1 NO INTERNET and they left it on anyway.

Ones intellect can often be summed up by his own words
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

View user4's Photo Album My Photos

I have found that the more stuff the phone does, the less lifespan it has.

I have a Motorola i530, the first generation military spec flip phone, I have had it for five years, it has been underwater, dropped down flights of stairs, kicked off of a roof, and the daily abuse any phone used by a tradesman takes. In that amount of time my boss has gone through nine different phones, which have had to be replaced because of total failure.
user4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #4

View Bill's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
I have found that the more stuff the phone does, the less lifespan it has.

I have a Motorola i530, the first generation military spec flip phone, I have had it for five years, it has been underwater, dropped down flights of stairs, kicked off of a roof, and the daily abuse any phone used by a tradesman takes. In that amount of time my boss has gone through nine different phones, which have had to be replaced because of total failure.
With me my cell phones reach an untimely demise from a horizontal free fall of 38.9 mph meeting a concrete structure and coming to an abrupt stop

Ones intellect can often be summed up by his own words
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
rex
Registered Member

View rex's Photo Album My Photos

i had the i530 the black one for years untill one of my parrots got a hold of it and tore it apart......i now have the i580 and couldnt be happier very tough phone and has some options.....and a window on front.....although nextel pisses me off ill stick with the service
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #6

View rombo's Photo Album My Photos

Hands down if you want a phone for gps then you really don't want a phone for gps. You want a gps.

I would go look at some garmins before your purchase a phone. How would you enter addresses in your phone well talking on it. If your anything like me you are on the phone while driving job to job. Not to mention cost as most cell phone companies make you pay to use the gps. If you buy a dedicated gps there a no fees and access to the type of maps you want not just the ones your phone has.

If you do any hiking, hunting, or fishing go look at the garmin map60 i have had mine for almost 2 years and it is rugged.
rombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Cal

View Cal's Photo Album My Photos

I'm with Rombo . Have a Garmin nuvi 200w . Best thing I ever bought . Punch in the address and no more map !!

From verizon , have the G'zone ( casio) .Military specs ,, GOOD and SOLID .

Cal
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #8
Ron
Banned

View Ron's Photo Album My Photos

Same here Garmin nuvi 200, never have to open a map book again.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #9
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.

View Song Dog's Photo Album My Photos

The i530 and i580 just down right look rugged.
I have thought about a lone GPS but thought it could be handy to check things on the go. Like, certain products and $'s, I can get on Wolverines site and check and order on the go.
I may not go that route, then I may. I will sit on it and research/think about it before I do it or anything.
THANKS GUYS!

Rex, How big does your parrots get? My brother in law has a nice size bird but I don't have a clue as to what kind it is. If you was to ask me I would say parrot Thats from someone who doesn't have a clue

In Christ,

Song Dog
Old 07-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
residential service

View smellslike$tome's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song Dog View Post
The i530 and i580 just down right look rugged.
I have thought about a lone GPS but thought it could be handy to check things on the go. Like, certain products and $'s, I can get on Wolverines site and check and order on the go.
I may not go that route, then I may. I will sit on it and research/think about it before I do it or anything.
THANKS GUYS!

Rex, How big does your parrots get? My brother in law has a nice size bird but I don't have a clue as to what kind it is. If you was to ask me I would say parrot Thats from someone who doesn't have a clue

In Christ,

Song Dog
Stick a copy of the Wolverine catalog on your truck and buy the Garmin.
smellslike$tome is offline   Reply With Quote