Dihydrogen monoxide dangers.. - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Safety


Like Tree23Likes
  • 1 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 2 Post By ken53
  • 2 Post By ShtRnsdownhill
  • 1 Post By ken53
  • 2 Post By Master Mark
  • 3 Post By skoronesa
  • 5 Post By Debo22
  • 3 Post By goeswiththeflow
  • 4 Post By goeswiththeflow
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,415

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default Dihydrogen monoxide dangers..

this compound sounds real nasty.....be careful when you are around it...
Dihydrogen monoxide:
  • is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
  • contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
  • may cause severe burns.
  • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
  • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
  • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
  • as an industrial solvent and coolant.
  • in nuclear power plants.
  • in the production of styrofoam.
  • as a fire retardant.
  • in many forms of cruel animal research.
  • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
  • as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

chonkie likes this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShtRnsdownhill For This Useful Post:
justme (04-30-2019), MASTRPLUMB (09-07-2019), Tommy plumber (04-30-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ken53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SASKATCHEWAN
Posts: 137

View ken53's Photo Album My Photos
Default

In my area the only people that can handle it are plumbers it's the law.
chonkie and MASTRPLUMB like this.
ken53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,415

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

most are not aware all the places it can be found and be exposed to it.....
chonkie and MASTRPLUMB like this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
ken53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SASKATCHEWAN
Posts: 137

View ken53's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Safe handling rules must be followed or people will die.
MASTRPLUMB likes this.
ken53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
philosopher and statesmen
 
Master Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indianapolis indiana ...
Posts: 7,004

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos
Default

you know the odds are that something is gonna kill you

long before this hazard has any effects on you

.like you could get run over by a bus
or an illegal immigrant in a stolen car could crash into you head on..........


so dont worry about it...

skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.
__________________
God created man in his image and likeness but Sam Colt made them all equal."
http://weilhammerplumbing.com/
http://plumberindianapolis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:33 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,775

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post
you know the odds are that something is gonna kill you

long before this hazard has any effects on you

.like you could get run over by a bus
or an illegal immigrant in a stolen car could crash into you head on..........


so dont worry about it...




I bet you also know why you shouldn't handle blinker fluid without gloves.








.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Debo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,281

View Debo22's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
this compound sounds real nasty.....be careful when you are around it...
Dihydrogen monoxide:
  • is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
  • contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
  • may cause severe burns.
  • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
  • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
  • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
  • as an industrial solvent and coolant.
  • in nuclear power plants.
  • in the production of styrofoam.
  • as a fire retardant.
  • in many forms of cruel animal research.
  • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
  • as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

I googled it and the first site I clicked on was saying it was more dangerous than your post. I dug a little deeper and realized Iím in more contact with this dangerous chemical than I thought.
justme, GAN, skoronesa and 2 others like this.
Debo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #8
3rd year apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Where it gets cold.
Posts: 169

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I bet you also know why you shouldn't handle blinker fluid without gloves.








.
A local car wash has advertised on their sign that the new pumpkin spice windshield washer fluid is in. Can't wait to try it.
chonkie, skoronesa and MASTRPLUMB like this.
__________________
Fighting the good fight, piping the good pipe.
goeswiththeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #9
3rd year apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Where it gets cold.
Posts: 169

View goeswiththeflow's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I had a new kid on a big job go looking for the fallopian tubes. He went through 3 supervisors before one told him where to find them.
__________________
Fighting the good fight, piping the good pipe.
goeswiththeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goeswiththeflow For This Useful Post:
MASTRPLUMB (09-07-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 05:34 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,415

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeswiththeflow View Post
I had a new kid on a big job go looking for the fallopian tubes. He went through 3 supervisors before one told him where to find them.

I remember boy scout summer camp..they had a long list of items to make us go look for.... sky hook, bucket of steam,left handed smoke deflector..and you know the rest
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com