Say hello to my little friend.... - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Tools and Equipment

Like Tree55Likes

Old 05-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default Say hello to my little friend....

Hopefully this one doesn't disappear in the shipment before it gets here. I also got a way better deal than the other one and it looks in better shape with a new battery. I don't know the height yet.

I told the guy to make sure the wheels and handles were wrapped up so they won't be able to guess whats inside.

I'll have to check the chain, he said he replaced the chain and that's the reason the rubber tab seems crooked.

Attached Thumbnails
Say hello to my little friend....-01.jpg  

Say hello to my little friend....-0.jpg  

dhal22, GAN, Debo22 and 3 others like this.
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

For those who don't know that famous line...

5onthefloor likes this.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
philosopher and statesmen

View Master Mark's Photo Album My Photos

where did you find this one?? and did you get a good deal on it...??
MASTRPLUMB likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMO1eyMRuM
Master Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mark View Post
where did you find this one?? and did you get a good deal on it...??
I had made a half dozen saved searches but you know you can't rely 100% on them. Every couple of days I would spin words and combinations that wouldn't come up and I found this one. That same day I found 2 more stair king. I got it on Ebay, it's the 66" model and a capacity of 750 pounds.

I offered full price, no bargain. My heart was racing and I couldn't wait for him to say he'd ship to Canada at $800 USD plus shipping. When all said and done it should run me with the exchange rate 1500$CAD.

I'm sure this staircat won't get much use. No real and legit water heater calls in 4 months perhaps? But now I'll be slapping my stickers on 70 gallon water heaters when I see them.

Now I'm patiently waiting for a microdrain camera within my budget to show up.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I had made a half dozen saved searches but you know you can't rely 100% on them. Every couple of days I would spin words and combinations that wouldn't come up and I found this one. That same day I found 2 more stair king. I got it on Ebay, it's the 66" model and a capacity of 750 pounds.

I offered full price, no bargain. My heart was racing and I couldn't wait for him to say he'd ship to Canada at $800 USD plus shipping. When all said and done it should run me with the exchange rate 1500$CAD.

I'm sure this staircat won't get much use. No real and legit water heater calls in 4 months perhaps? But now I'll be slapping my stickers on 70 gallon water heaters when I see them.

Now I'm patiently waiting for a microdrain camera within my budget to show up.

It looks to be a 66 inch cart... I noticed it only has one strap at mid height which is ok and will work good enough...

Mine has the extra strap one lower and one higher which makes the load feel more secure ... You can always go to harbor freight and pick up the 7 foot tie down straps which I have used before ---they work great when you haul out something too short to secure properly---like a brine tank full of salt
MASTRPLUMB likes this.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:32 AM   #6
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
It looks to be a 66 inch cart... I noticed it only has one strap at mid height which is ok and will work good enough...

Mine has the extra strap one lower and one higher which makes the load feel more secure ... You can always go to harbor freight and pick up the 7 foot tie down straps which I have used before ---they work great when you haul out something too short to secure properly---like a brine tank full of salt
Yes it's the 66" you even quoted me on it! I have 8' or 15' ratchet straps that are wonderful because there's a button and it unlocks and the strap closes up like a tape measure.

I noticed the difference by looking at some pictures of a 1200 pound and a 750 pound is that the 1200 one has double chain/double sprocket and double width of the steel of the climbing rubber feet. I don't know if anything else is different.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Yes it's the 66" you even quoted me on it! I have 8' or 15' ratchet straps that are wonderful because there's a button and it unlocks and the strap closes up like a tape measure.

I noticed the difference by looking at some pictures of a 1200 pound and a 750 pound is that the 1200 one has double chain/double sprocket and double width of the steel of the climbing rubber feet. I don't know if anything else is different.

The 1200 lb unit has a heavier duty motor, or so they claim.... Its more like a sherman tank going up the stairs.... I would guess the chain is heavier too
but its never gonna be a problem unless you try to take a safe or a gun case up a flight of stairs that is near its limit, and that is probably never gonna happen.....

I ran into an old lady nearby last week that has an antique stove I would like to get my hands on and offered to get it out of her basement cause no one else had the manpower to do it.... been sitting down there for probably 50 years... waiting to hear back from her...
skoronesa and Tango like this.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #8
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
The 1200 lb unit has a heavier duty motor, or so they claim.... Its more like a sherman tank going up the stairs.... I would guess the chain is heavier too
but its never gonna be a problem unless you try to take a safe or a gun case up a flight of stairs that is near its limit, and that is probably never gonna happen.....

I ran into an old lady nearby last week that has an antique stove I would like to get my hands on and offered to get it out of her basement cause no one else had the manpower to do it.... been sitting down there for probably 50 years... waiting to hear back from her...
I think you should call her back, she may have lost your number.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #9

View Venomthirst's Photo Album My Photos

Nice toy you got there Tango.. I could've used that for the last 70 we did wowzers talk about being zonked..

it had to go down through and outside stairwell but of course not straight in so we had to lift it to get around the door ways instead of letting the cart do the work..

itll be nice for even 40 gals just a dream... Glad to see you didnt give up when your last one went Mia...

My wifes car just got side swiped on our street... its a busy road and the person took off... also lots of trucks bouncing down street so nobody heard nothing... no cameras of course... anyways 1000 bucks we gotta pay for deductible... oh well... So i truly know how you feel... That car is the only "nice" and newer thing we own
Venomthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:58 PM   #10
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomthirst View Post
Nice toy you got there Tango.. I could've used that for the last 70 we did wowzers talk about being zonked..

it had to go down through and outside stairwell but of course not straight in so we had to lift it to get around the door ways instead of letting the cart do the work..

itll be nice for even 40 gals just a dream... Glad to see you didnt give up when your last one went Mia...

My wifes car just got side swiped on our street... its a busy road and the person took off... also lots of trucks bouncing down street so nobody heard nothing... no cameras of course... anyways 1000 bucks we gotta pay for deductible... oh well... So i truly know how you feel... That car is the only "nice" and newer thing we own
Thanks! It will come in handy, no way I'm hurting myself on water heaters. To hell those companies who don't provide adequate tools for their guys. I on the other hand have or will have all the tools to make my life easier.

That sucks about your car, especially when it's a hit and run. *******! I got cut off once by a woman on a 5 lane (one direction only) the GPS told her to turn left. The rad, fenders, and hood stuck in the engine. It was raining and she tried to shelter under my umbrella as it started to rain heavily. I moved and let her soak. as I knew my insurance wouldn't give out a single penny while hers would cover everything. I had to buy another used truck while I fixed the other.
GAN and skoronesa like this.