Saf-T-Kut Multitool - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Tools and Equipment

Like Tree21Likes

Old 03-25-2020, 11:14 PM   #1

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default Saf-T-Kut Multitool

I might have to buy this just for the description alone! Glad to see some still have a sense of humour.

I usually carry a larger swiss army knife. Right now I have one with a locking blade. I also carry two pair 6" channellocks. What kind of multitool do you carry? Just a simple pocket knife?

https://www.plumbmaster.com/saf-t-ku...e-tool/p/60012

Attached Thumbnails
Saf-T-Kut Multitool-60012-515wx515h.jpeg  

Saf-T-Kut Multitool-multool.png  

MACPLUMB777 and Tango like this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020, 12:57 AM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I might have to buy this just for the description alone! Glad to see some still have a sense of humour.

I usually carry a larger swiss army knife. Right now I have one with a locking blade. I also carry two pair 6" channellocks. What kind of multitool do you carry? Just a simple pocket knife?

https://www.plumbmaster.com/saf-t-ku...e-tool/p/60012

that is till a plumber uses it for that and refers back to the advertisement that says ts used for that and they get their balls sued off ..you think its stupid..well why would they print on plastic bags dont put on your head because of suffocation...DUH no schit..but they still print it on, and you know why?? because they got sued and took it in the a$$$$$$$$ for all that $$$$$$...
Old 03-26-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos

I don't carry a multi tool. I bought one last year because it looked sexy, it sits with all my other sexy unused pocket knives. If I have to go to the woods then I'll bring it. I was looking to get one in black but they were mostly unavailable and when they popped up they asked like 400$ for one. I finally got this demo on liquidation for 100$.

Attached Thumbnails
Saf-T-Kut Multitool-signal.jpg  

skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020, 11:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I don't carry a multi tool. I bought one last year because it looked sexy, it sits with all my other sexy unused pocket knives. If I have to go to the woods then I'll bring it. I was looking to get one in black but they were mostly unavailable and when they popped up they asked like 400$ for one. I finally got this demo on liquidation for 100$.

That thing looks ridiculously heavy. I carry a swiss army knife and use it all the time. It doesn't weigh nearly what a leatherman does. That would wear a hole through your pocket. When I was maintenance I used to have a couple tool holsters on my belt and almost nothing in my pockets which I prefer. But doing plumbing anything on my hips will get caught so now its just the tape measure.

Crawlspaces are where the pocket tools really shine. Especially the channellocks when I am soldering and need to hold something hot. Saves me from crawling around trying to reach my bag.

I keep a couple hose washers and hose cap in my pocket too. Got a call for a town hall, leak in ceiling. I cimbed up on the selectmans file cabinet to find a leaking boiler drain above the tiles. Channellocks and hose cap and I was out of there, no lugging in a toolbag. Also great for when washing machine hoses leak.

Toilet running? flapper, fill valve, supply line, and pocket tools. No tool bag needed.

MACPLUMB777 likes this.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
Old 03-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #5
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
That thing looks ridiculously heavy.

It is incredibly heavy, I need a squire to help me put it on. It comes with a belt sheath.

WEIGHT 7.5 oz | 212.6 g
skoronesa likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #6

Quote:
It is incredibly heavy, I need a squire to help me put it on. It comes with a belt sheath.

WEIGHT 7.5 oz | 212.6 g

@Tango, I love your sense of humour! From now on I will be referring to all my helpers as my squire. I ever tell you how a customer once gave me a sword in lieu of a cash tip?

It's not a faithful reproduction but I think it would do better than many of the several hundred dollar repros you see online.

Attached Thumbnails
Saf-T-Kut Multitool-sword.jpg  

Old 03-26-2020, 04:09 PM   #7
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
@Tango, I love your sense of humour! From now on I will be referring to all my helpers as my squire. I ever tell you how a customer once gave me a sword in lieu of a cash tip?

It's not a faithful reproduction but I think it would do better than many of the several hundred dollar repros you see online.

Nice, swords are cool! I had a friend once, he and his brother would duel with real swords they fabricated themselves, they'd hit each other pretty hard and you'd see sparks. I didn't want to participate and get broken fingers or injured.

I need a short sword for inside the house if some perp got in, gotta maneuver in close quarters.
skoronesa and MACPLUMB777 like this.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Nice, swords are cool! I had a friend once, he and his brother would duel with real swords they fabricated themselves, they'd hit each other pretty hard and you'd see sparks. I didn't want to participate and get broken fingers or injured.

I need a short sword for inside the house if some perp got in, gotta maneuver in close quarters.

12 gauge 00Buck works the best.....
Old 03-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #9
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
12 gauge 00Buck works the best.....
yeah yeah sure sure killing the perp and spending the rest of your life in jail, at least with a sword I might not kill the guy but just hack off a limb off or 2.
MACPLUMB777 likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:59 PM   #10

Quote:
yeah yeah sure sure killing the perp and spending the rest of your life in jail, at least with a sword I might not kill the guy but just hack off a limb off or 2.
wrong..1st..dead men tell no tales, articulate the need to kill someone and you will be fine,know the law, you will end up getting sued by wounding someone and paying out big rather than killing them and paying much less if anything...
leave him or them alive and they will be back for revenge, I never saw a dead person commit another crime..
the old saying" I rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"...
SchmitzPlumbing and skoronesa like this.
MACPLUMB777 (03-27-2020)