Multimeters - Page 3 - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Tools and Equipment


Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2020, 09:39 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
chonkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: North Texas
Posts: 3,113

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Damn, bone bruises suck, had my leg bone bruise in an auto accident many years ago. Were you at least running to something cool like free beer or pu$$y, or away from something real scary? Were you barefoot?
Debo22 and OpenSights like this.
chonkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2020, 10:25 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Bumfuk, Mississippi
Posts: 3,283

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chonkie View Post
Damn, bone bruises suck, had my leg bone bruise in an auto accident many years ago. Were you at least running to something cool like free beer or pu$$y, or away from something real scary? Were you barefoot?



I was in a rush to run into the gas station and get home before my wife had to go to work, so just running in a parking lot. I was wearing sneakers. I was running because I felt good and was full of energy.


One of those short concrete curbs they usually pound rebar stakes through to hold in front of a single parking space had been moved forward so I ran through where it should have been and didn't think to look where the next one was which of course was right in my path.



I hit that end right as my foot was coming down to land. Could not have kicked it harder if I tried. Doctor was surprised nothing was broken or even cracked a little.




.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:26 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,832

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I was in a rush to run into the gas station and get home before my wife had to go to work, so just running in a parking lot. I was wearing sneakers. I was running because I felt good and was full of energy.


One of those short concrete curbs they usually pound rebar stakes through to hold in front of a single parking space had been moved forward so I ran through where it should have been and didn't think to look where the next one was which of course was right in my path.



I hit that end right as my foot was coming down to land. Could not have kicked it harder if I tried. Doctor was surprised nothing was broken or even cracked a little.




.
I guess he didnt examine your head....
Debo22, OpenSights and skoronesa like this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #24
Super Moderator
 
OpenSights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
Posts: 6,325

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Iím a bit late to the party....

Back when I rewound three phase motors I needed an amp clamp and decided on Ideal over fluke. Canít believe that Iíve had this for 15+ years!

Ideal 61-768
Attached Thumbnails
Multimeters-2d3f897c-e355-449b-a1b7-840e36126de5.jpg  

Debo22 likes this.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:36 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Bumfuk, Mississippi
Posts: 3,283

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
I’m a bit late to the party....

Back when I rewound three phase motors I needed an amp clamp and decided on Ideal over fluke. Can’t believe that I’ve had this for 15+ years!

Ideal 61-768



DUDE!!!



That's like the same one I have for work except mine is slightly newer. It's a good unit, I just wanted something more that I could use at home for hobbies too. Mine has a non-contact voltage sensor built in.




.
OpenSights likes this.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:50 AM   #26
Super Moderator
 
OpenSights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
Posts: 6,325

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
DUDE!!!



That's like the same one I have for work except mine is slightly newer. It's a good unit, I just wanted something more that I could use at home for hobbies too. Mine has a non-contact voltage sensor built in.




.
Itís served me well for what I need. Once you get into servo motors itís not a good choice, along with welders.

Itís almost 1am here and work tomorrow... youíre west coast or a night bird!
skoronesa likes this.
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:39 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
skoronesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Bumfuk, Mississippi
Posts: 3,283

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
It’s served me well for what I need. Once you get into servo motors it’s not a good choice, along with welders.

It’s almost 1am here and work tomorrow... you’re west coast or a night bird!

My foot's really messed with my sleep. I haven't slept well in a while because I wake up several times from having hit my foot or just a bad position or the low grade pain stops me from deep sleeping. Then I fall asleep on the couch during the day when I put my foot up to help with the pain of the schit I did that morning so when night rolls around I can't fall asleep on time.


Luckily it's been feeling pretty good lately. When I am sure it's 100% I will go back to work and I hope it's soon. I don't understand how anyone could live on disability. Almost no spending cash and you're stuck at home?!?!?! This has been torture.


.
OpenSights likes this.
__________________
Want privacy from the diy/hacks? Too bad, the motherland has fallen, freedom is dead.


"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, than Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #28
Super Moderator
 
OpenSights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
Posts: 6,325

View OpenSights's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
My foot's really messed with my sleep. I haven't slept well in a while because I wake up several times from having hit my foot or just a bad position or the low grade pain stops me from deep sleeping. Then I fall asleep on the couch during the day when I put my foot up to help with the pain of the schit I did that morning so when night rolls around I can't fall asleep on time.


Luckily it's been feeling pretty good lately. When I am sure it's 100% I will go back to work and I hope it's soon. I don't understand how anyone could live on disability. Almost no spending cash and you're stuck at home?!?!?! This has been torture.


.
I hear ya! Bone bruises suck! Iíve had many, just no disability. Wife is a timekeeper for the Red Cross and has to work from home as well as being a teacher now. I donít know how she does it! Iím usually the one doing the shopping so itís rare that she gets out... days run into each other for her.

Not getting out and about sucks!
OpenSights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
ShtRnsdownhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,832

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
I hear ya! Bone bruises suck! Iíve had many, just no disability. Wife is a timekeeper for the Red Cross and has to work from home as well as being a teacher now. I donít know how she does it! Iím usually the one doing the shopping so itís rare that she gets out... days run into each other for her.

Not getting out and about sucks!
maybe shes tapping into your brew supply when your not around...
OpenSights likes this.
__________________
You cant cure stupid, only kill it..
ShtRnsdownhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PaintTalk.com | RoofingTalk.com