MicroDrain Reel and Camera - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Tools and Equipment

Like Tree10Likes

Old 01-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Default MicroDrain Reel and Camera

Just received a special delivery yesterday, do you guys like my mail boxes?

Once again like the NavitrackII I got some time ago it was supposed to be in used condition but it looks brand new. There was a packing slip stating it had been repaired but not a spec of dirt with a new sticker on the camera head. Oh well that's good news for me. I saved I don't know somewhere around 1200$ than buying locally.

Well see if that thing really works for small pipes like kitchen lines, lav lines, laundry lines and it's supposed to work in toilets too, etc.

I'm amazed how compact it is and I'll be able to carry it in the truck. The CA-350 mini camera which I bought last year(Completely new for over 1/2 price) hooks onto the reel connection. However the cradle is too small, I'll use my heat gun to open it up.

Attached Thumbnails
MicroDrain Reel and Camera-m-3-copy.jpg  

MicroDrain Reel and Camera-m-6-.jpg  

MicroDrain Reel and Camera-m-5-.jpg  

MicroDrain Reel and Camera-m-8-.jpg  

MicroDrain Reel and Camera-m.jpg  

AssTyme, Debo22 and skoronesa like this.

Last edited by Tango; 01-09-2020 at 04:00 PM..
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

Even though I bought the best mini cam for it(CA-350) the image is pretty poor. The technology ain't there yet, I bet cheap chinese camera monitors are way better.

This concludes all my tool "Wants". Seriously I think this was my last big ticket item. Even with the small tools I have everything I need so very few tool expenses from now on. I'm fully equipped.

Attached Thumbnails
MicroDrain Reel and Camera-snap0011.jpg  

MicroDrain Reel and Camera-snap0013.jpg  

MicroDrain Reel and Camera-snap0014.jpg  

skoronesa likes this.

Last edited by Tango; 01-09-2020 at 04:03 PM..
Old 01-09-2020, 04:24 PM   #3

View The Dane's Photo Album My Photos

Congrats on the new toys. I love those mail boxes. Almost thought I saw a flexshaft for a moment there. I myself am waiting for some toys too. Finally got the k3800 ordered and also ordered the general speed rooter 92. I wonder what is next. I'm sure you will soon be looking at some new tool you did not know you needed until you saw it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #4
Moderator Wizard

I forgot to say I waited for almost a year to get a good deal. The most important part is the sonde, I'll be able to locate the head when there's a broken pipe in a wall or under the slab. I also think I'm the only one in the entire region if not the province to own one of these just like the mini jetter, sink drum, staircat and ropump.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:05 PM   #5

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dane View Post
Congrats on the new toys. I love those mail boxes. Almost thought I saw a flexshaft for a moment there. I myself am waiting for some toys too. Finally got the k3800 ordered and also ordered the general speed rooter 92. I wonder what is next. I'm sure you will soon be looking at some new tool you did not know you needed until you saw it.

You will not be disappointed by the 92. What size cable did you get? I have been using 5/8" for years but recently used a k-750 with 3/4" for a couple weeks and am debating switching. The 5/8" can do 2" 90's BUT only if you haven't used a repair head. It is extremely rare that I need to do 2" 90's.

Make sure you get a piece of 3/4" plywood for a ramp and you should do a block and tackle like I did. I used 3 pulleys, 2 was definitely not enough, 3 is nice.
Attached Thumbnails
MicroDrain Reel and Camera-imag0339.jpg  

MicroDrain Reel and Camera-imag0340.jpg  

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skoronesa For This Useful Post:
gear junkie (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 07:06 PM   #6

View skoronesa's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Even though I bought the best mini cam for it(CA-350) the image is pretty poor. The technology ain't there yet, I bet cheap chinese camera monitors are way better..

I don't think the issue is the screen but rather the camera chip. Good resolution cameras get hot. With all the leds in the camera head you already have a ton of heat.

"I'd rather have Questions that can't be answered, then Answers that can't be questioned"
skoronesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #7
Ridgid tool user

View gear junkie's Photo Album My Photos

You can get an adapter to use any ridgid monitor.
Tango likes this.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #8

Skoronesa:
I ordered the 92 with 5/8" cable because I only really see 4" and 3" and maybe and odd rare 6". Almost all sewer runs here are under 100'. The 92 should be here maybe within the next week and the k3800 should be here monday.

Tango:
Is that two mail boxes and a big tool box or is it 3 mail boxes? Why do you have a box just for long tube mail?

skoronesa likes this.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #9
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dane View Post

Tango:
Is that two mail boxes and a big tool box or is it 3 mail boxes? Why do you have a box just for long tube mail?

My original mailbox I built on the left is for daily mail and medium sized packages, the one that reads tube parcel is for poster tubes which wouldn't fit in the mailbox. Now that I buy bigger stuff I don't want couriers leaving stuff at the door for my next door neighbor to steal so I bought a large tool chest, bolted it to the decking and made a custom lock. Close the lid and it locks in place until I come home to unlock it.

Several postmen and the mail woman all said they wished everyone had one of these because all packages are left outside by the door.
skoronesa likes this.

Last edited by Tango; 01-09-2020 at 10:17 PM..
Old 01-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
My original mailbox I built on the left is for daily mail and medium sized packages, the one that reads tube parcel is for poster tubes which wouldn't fit in the mailbox. Now that I buy bigger stuff I don't want couriers leaving stuff at the door for my next door neighbor to steal so I bought a large tool chest, bolted it to the decking and made a custom lock. Close the lid and it locks in place until I come home to unlock it.

Several postmen and the mail woman all said they wished everyone had one of these because all packages are left outside by the door.
This is my one and only mailbox and despite a tiny lock built in to it, it has never been locked. Normally the UPS/FedEx or such just leave boxes on the front step or by the back door in the alley. Second pic the light is from the county sheriff's office building. We live in a safe little town and the sherif and his jail is literally a stones throw away.