I got an awesome deal! - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Tools and Equipment

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Tango
  • 1 Post By Tango
  • 3 Post By Toli
  • 1 Post By Tango

Old 07-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
Moderator Wizard

View Tango's Photo Album My Photos
Talking I got an awesome deal!

I’ve been putting out feelers for the last 6 months for a ridgid sonde and finally one showed up. The guy didn’t know what it was, it was sold as is and he said the red on light didn’t turn on. I took a gamble as a new one would cost me over 600$ and the odds that I really need it again is slim.

I received the package today, he had left it turned on, battery dead, no packing in the box. What a dumb a$$, Anyway its new, I inserted a fresh battery, turned on my brand new navitrack II that I bought last year. The NavII was sold as used with not so great pics(Another awesome deal!)...

The on light doesn’t turn on but the sonde works!! There's even a special place designed for it in the Navtrack case!

Now I need to get an adapter which costs more than what I paid for the sonde (adapter approx price 210$) OR maybe order myself a chinese knock off 3/8 drain cleaning bit and modify it to fit the sonde. The sonde has 1/4" threads. The real adapter screws onto the plastic casing replacing the one shown in the pic. The sonde's cap looks like its designed to put on a fiberglass rod or something for ducts?

Attached Thumbnails
I got an awesome deal!-b-1-.jpg  

I got an awesome deal!-img_20190712_194116775.jpg  

I got an awesome deal!-b-7-.jpg  

I got an awesome deal!-b-11-.jpg  

I got an awesome deal!-ridgid-19273-remote-transmitter-coupling-1.jpg  

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tango For This Useful Post:
rooterboy (07-16-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
Moderator Wizard

I think I'll cut off my C-cutter I never used before and weld a 1/4" bolt for the sonde tip.

Maybe I could do the same and weld a 1/4" stud at the end of my 5/16" on my General wire cable...YES!

Attached Images

MASTRPLUMB likes this.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:49 AM   #3

View Toli's Photo Album My Photos
Default I got an awesome deal!

Maybe the new ones are different, but the light doesn’t stay on when a battery is in it. The light blinks.

Also, I may have the adapter that you need and I’ll never use it. If I do you can have it. I’ll look later today.
skoronesa, Tango and MASTRPLUMB like this.
Toli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toli View Post
Maybe the new ones are different, but the light doesn’t stay on when a battery is in it. The light blinks.

Also, I may have the adapter that you need and I’ll never use it. If I do you can have it. I’ll look later today.
That would be awesome! Let me know!
skoronesa likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:20 AM   #5

View Toli's Photo Album My Photos

#19268. For 7/8” and 1/2” cable. If you can use it pay the shipping and it’s yours.
Attached Thumbnails
I got an awesome deal!-f421981a-712e-4f08-ae34-22d8330ccaef_1563186003608.jpg  

Toli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:48 AM   #6
Moderator Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toli View Post
#19268. For 7/8” and 1/2” cable. If you can use it pay the shipping and it’s yours.
PM sent.