Improving Your Plumbing Website with Simple Tricks - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Featured Articles and Topics

Old 12-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
Administrator

View PlumbingZone's Photo Album My Photos
Default Improving Your Plumbing Website with Simple Tricks

A business that has a website can bring in more customers and a plumbing business is no exception. However, it isnít enough to slap up a graphic and a few words about your company and call it a day. If you want to bring in customers, youíll want a website thatís as aesthetically pleasing as it is informative. Implement these easy tricks to boost your siteís beauty and functionality.

Create a Responsive Design

As of 2014, more people surf the internet on their mobile devices than they do on desktop computers. Eighty percent of users use smartphones and 47 percent use tablets. When creating your site, view it from multiple devices to ensure itís functional across all of them. This is known as responsive web design.

Use High-Quality Images and Videos

Your websiteís header image is the first thing visitors see. It must be high quality and professional. Avoid using BMP or GIF images. PNG images offer the highest quality and can have transparent backgrounds. Donít forget to think about other images you use on the site. Galleries should include images with sufficiently high-resolution that they arenít pixelated or too small or large. If you include videos, use a quality camera and good editing software to ensure images arenít grainy and the sound isnít distorted.

Include Plenty of Contact Information

A fantastic website means nothing if you donít give potential customers a way to contact you. Your page should include your businessís name and phone number in a prominent position toward the top of the page. You may also consider adding an email address and physical address. In addition to the top of the page, add this information in the footer of every page on the site as well as on a separate contact page. To get the best results, provide a contact form for people to fill out. Potential customers can use it to set up a time for you to call them back or to schedule appointments. If you offer 24-hour emergency service, donít forget to mention it prominently near your phone number.

Add a Blog

Blogging on a business website offers two major benefits. Without a blog, your plumbing website may seem too generic. By providing regular informative posts and updates, you show potential clients that real people run your company. Avoid overly technical verbiage and stick to a conversational tone. Blogging can also provide a boost to your page's SEO rankings. Text-based content with relevant keywords helps your page rise in search engine rankings. However, using too many keywords in one post ó known as keyword stuffing ó is detrimental and can cause your page to fall in search rankings.

Provide a Call to Action

So, youíve provided potential clients with plenty of information Ė now tell them how to use it. Include verbiage that directs people to contact your business via phone or email. You may also consider other calls to action. Ask visitors to sign up for an email list for a discount on services, to schedule an appointment via the online contact form or to share your blog post via social media.

Donít be afraid to create a website for your plumbing company. Informative content written in a relaxed, conversational tone, high-quality images and an eye-catching, responsive site design draws people in. Your excellent customer service and professional workmanship will keep them coming back. Using these tips and providing a good experience for the customer sets your plumbing business on the path to success.

Name:  pz.png
Views: 200
Size:  2.7 KB
PlumbingZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #2

View LehighPlumber's Photo Album My Photos

Great Post. I find lots of websites out there definitely don't have enough contact information to drive business. I recently had my website redone and we focused on this area a lot. If you take a look at http://www.plumberslehighacresfl.com/ you can see how we made it a point to put a clickable phone number throughout each page to make it really easy to get in touch with us, especially from mobile devices.

Definitely need to get a blog section up though. That's good advice as well.
LehighPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
GAN

View GAN's Photo Album My Photos

How about on Intro LehighPlumber??????
the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote