Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

running trap for heated/unheated storage garage?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SlickRick 
#1 ·
We are doing a RV storage garage, and all the units have the option of heat, but if they choose not to the traps will obviously freeze during cold spells. All units have frost proof water service, but we are wondering if the traps need to be eliminated and install just one running trap at the beginning of the building. Even the engineer is unclear of the code.

Any code junkies like to clarify...

#5 ·
Killertoiletspider can correct me if I am wrong on this one. I been to many commercial parking garages around here where its just an elbow for the drain that runs right to the triple basins which are trapped. Wonder if this might me an option.

#8 ·
We are doing a RV storage garage, and all the units have the option of heat, but if they choose not to the traps will obviously freeze during cold spells. All units have frost proof water service, but we are wondering if the traps need to be eliminated and install just one running trap at the beginning of the building. Even the engineer is unclear of the code.

Any code junkies like to clarify...

Which code is the engineer using? What is the purpose of the drain?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.