Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Pex or Copper

6K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Johnny Canuck 
#1 ·
A friend of mine was thinking of using Pex tubing to be installed as part of his plumbing system. He lives on a farm. Should he be concerned about mice and other rodents eating at the piping? Should he play it safe and use copper?

Thanks

#6 ·
sioux chief pex astm 1960 or astm 1887 , made in usa of domestic material on american made extrusion machines. and rodent proof it as per code , and install a 3 stage filter to lower the chlorine ppm , and you my friend will have a system that will last you years beyond you can fathom

#7 ·
Why is this person still aloud to skulk about? He's an engineer, just to start. The intro that I am able to read is vague, at best. Besides, the questions asked are just stupid. ANYONE closely trade related would be able to ask a question without sounding like a DIY'er. Am I just bigoted, or does anyone else feel this person is interloping?

#15 ·
wyrickmech said:
Had a rat problem one time. I set some feed out got my 30-30 a chair and a cooler full of beer never had so much fun in my life. Lol
Here son, hold my beer and watch this ... ^^^

#16 ·
John TPS- Those were hilarious !! Really cracked me up. It is a good thing you used stunt mice, imagine the calls from Animal Rights groups if you hadn't !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.