CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Residential Plumbing

Old 12-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #1

View DesertOkie's Photo Album My Photos
Default Are all Delta pop-up assemblies crap?

I installed 4 Delta 3 piece lav faucets today. They all had cheap crappy plastic pop-ups. No changing for a good one from the truck because they wanted bronze. Out of the four boxes I was missing handle set screws for one and the bolts for the stem in another. Is this the norm?
DesertOkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #2

View ibeplumber's Photo Album My Photos

No! I like Delta pop ups. The nice chrome plated brass ones. Not the cheap plastic ones that come with the Box Store Delta faucets.
ibeplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibeplumber For This Useful Post:
Epox (12-14-2011), plbgbiz (12-14-2011)
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #3

View SlickRick's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertOkie View Post
I installed 4 Delta 3 piece lav faucets today. They all had cheap crappy plastic pop-ups. No changing for a good one from the truck because they wanted bronze. Out of the four boxes I was missing handle set screws for one and the bolts for the stem in another. Is this the norm?
Have you had to cut one of the stainless TP's? I have about 2 dozen of the brass TP's put back.
SlickRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
Registered Member

View TX MECH PLUMBER's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertOkie
Did you get it at lowes or at a wholesale supply house????
TX MECH PLUMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Lego Expert

View GREENPLUM's Photo Album My Photos

Did you use plumbers putty to install?
GREENPLUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GREENPLUM For This Useful Post:
RealLivePlumber (12-14-2011)
Old 12-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #6

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertOkie View Post

Doesn't it just burn you up?......

My pet peeve is the faucets don't come with brass supply line nuts anymore; they think everybody uses flex supply lines.
Mxz--700 (12-14-2011)
Old 12-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #7

I did not buy them, the outfit I was working for is a restoration company. They might have got it at a lowes or HD. I was surprised by the cheapness of them.

Yes putty, sorry for all those I offended but I did use sillycone around the stool.

They provide brass nuts in the luxury line brand my supply house sells, the pop=ups are brass also.

The whole job was a PITA wood glued under the marble tops made it to thick to install faucets. Galvanized all over mixed with copper. Painters underfoot ******** about plumbers underfoot.

Glad I don't do new install stuff.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #8
Registered Member

View TX MECH PLUMBER's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertOkie
I did not buy them, the outfit I was working for is a restoration company. They might have got it at a lowes or HD. I was surprised by the cheapness of them.

Yes putty, sorry for all those I offended but I did use sillycone around the stool.

They provide brass nuts in the luxury line brand my supply house sells, the pop=ups are brass also.

The whole job was a PITA wood glued under the marble tops made it to thick to install faucets. Galvanized all over mixed with copper. Painters underfoot ******** about plumbers underfoot.

Glad I don't do new install stuff.
That's ur problem. It's not contractor grade!! I love to do new install. I hate service!!
TX MECH PLUMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #9

View 100 Watt's Photo Album My Photos

Honestly, when I first ran into the plastic Delta assemblies I disliked them just because they looked liked Fisher Price. Now I prefer them. They install alot quicker once you do a hundred or so.

I'm with you on the supply nuts not coming with alot of faucets. We now keep a dozen on the truck at all times. We still use compression stops with poly supply tubes. Can't afford to use braided SS.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 Watt View Post
Honestly, when I first ran into the plastic Delta assemblies I disliked them just because they looked liked Fisher Price. Now I prefer them. They install alot quicker once you do a hundred or so.

I'm with you on the supply nuts not coming with alot of faucets. We now keep a dozen on the truck at all times. We still use compression stops with poly supply tubes. Can't afford to use braided SS.

Those things are giving a apt hell right now, they are getting a HUD refurb and they are not supposed to have any plastic supply lines. I told them I could replace them all.... for a low low fee of course.