Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

every contractor .com

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Master Mark 
#1 · (Edited)
has anybody heard of everycontractor.com? they say they like servicemagic. but no fee per lead. just want $100.00 a year. for background check. mythought is they need to verify me thur servicemagic .then send me the leads .then i will send them 5 bucks . does anyone here use them? feedback please

#2 ·
more and more of these types of companies are popping up trying to be the middle man between us and our customers. If we just do not use them they will fold up and go away.

#4 ·
I don't understand all the negativety regarding internet advertising venues. They are no more a "Middle Man" than the yellow pages, newspaper, radio, tv etc. It is a vehicle to get customers just as any other advertising. Track your ROI for all advertising to see if its working for you. Any customer you get through any means is a customer you may not have gotten otherwise. It boils down to ROI. To lump all these venues as useless profit stealing middle men is missing the big picture.:yes:

#5 ·
I don't understand all the negativety regarding internet advertising venues. They are no more a "Middle Man" than the yellow pages, newspaper, radio, tv etc. It is a vehicle to get customers just as any other advertising. Track your ROI for all advertising to see if its working for you. Any customer you get through any means is a customer you may not have gotten otherwise. It boils down to ROI. To lump all these venues as useless profit stealing middle men is missing the big picture.:yes:
You answered your own question. The negativity towards "internet leads" comes from the horrible ROI many of us have experienced.

#7 ·
its ok either way

some say that service majic sucks,

it does and it doesent....as I am visibly on their site
and have done about 10 waterheaters through them.
cost me probably 400 bucks.if you add up all the dead end leads I got , so I dont know... it feels ok,,,,

it really depends on the return you are getting for the
visibility you get....

so thisnew place for a hundred bucks a year aint too bad either way...

i think I can speak for a lot of fellows here
that their is absoultely no worse form of advertiseing
than the competitors to the BIG Yellow page books in most
areas....

YellowBook is probably the worst thing you can put your money into, the book makes a great door stop...
thats about it.....:laughing:

#8 ·
I agree you can put your own name out there in thousands of places. But that still limits you in your depth of reach. I'm just sayin' to lump all other venues into useless middlemen could be limiting your potential on the web. All forms of advertising rely on others to perform a service to bring you business. A company can pool everyones resources to reach goals that are unattainable individually. Could we watch satellite tv with hundreds of channels for $50 a month if we all had to provide our own satellite? Could we deliver an envelope across the country for less than 50 cents without the postal service pooling our resources? The yellow pages were crooks because they had no competition (until now) but could you have printed your own book and delivered it to a million households for the money? The internet age is here and there is competition, the cream will rise to the top. The likes of the yellow pages and greedy internet sites that do not reinvest with the customer in mind will fail. The internets best potential will not be achieved on an individual level. :no:Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: waldrop
#9 ·
The internet has been around a long long time. What my beef is, you get these companies that make claims they can get you out there on Page 1 of google. That is a straight out bold lie. But most of the working types do not know this. Places like find a plumber and every contractor, is just like the yellow pages, you can advertise with them along with your competitors. No difference. Same thing going to happen everyone going to advertise with these clowns, and then one guy going to say hey I want to be above the others, and pay more money into the scheme, then the others will follow suit and drive the prices way up.

You want to advertise on the internet? MAKE A WEB PAGE!! You can do this for little cost or even free. POST YOUR WEB PAGE LINK EVERYWHERE! Put it on business cards, fliers, online directories, and so on.

The other places that annoy the hell out of me is the maintenance companies. Here is another group of people that want to be the middle man. They sell maintenance contracts to stores, gas stations home owners, and so on. So now when a store or such has a plumbing issue they contact the maintenance company, then the maintenance company wants to hire you with a DNE price (Do Not Exceed) This way they can make a profit from your services. We need to tell these maintenance companies we will not work for their named prices, our rates are what they are, and all jobs have to be paid on completion, no more of this 45 day crap!

#11 · (Edited)
water heater tomorrow service majic

doing a water heater tomorrow at 9
that got faxed to me from Service majic.

basically iss just another customer I get to
add to my records and tag with my sticker

also got a water heater repair....

its all good to me,
wherever it trickles down from

the yellow pages are good
and the internet is good..

and the money is good.....

#14 · (Edited)
Feed the Pimps....

I agree withyou 100%... feed them if you dont have the time to do it yourself...
.or really dont know that the fuc/ you are doing anyway....

yesterday , I go out and do a water heater for service majic.....800.

then from the Yellow Pages I get a call for 50 gal gas to do on a stand in a garage... I had to turn it down..950.

then I stop to repair an electric heater for a little old lady and she actually has a nasty slab leak under pretty parkay floors somewhere...
so I have to give her an estimate to re-pipe her home
overhead in wirsbo pex next week...... if I can find the time to do it...

then later around 4 from my internet advertiseing
I get another 50 gal gas flooding a basement......950 had to turn it down too...

and on friday night at midnight I have some nut demanding that I
come out to his flooding trailer.....and he never even told me his name
he just started barking at me when I picked up the phone!!!
that came from the internet too

I passed on a lot of jobs yesterday just cause
I have had my fill of work last week..

it was way too busy for me and too cold ....

I guess while I am typeing this ,
I could try to hold a broom between
the cheeks of my ass and sweep the floor too.
the office is looking a little un-kept......

REDWOOD...I say...FEED THE PIMPS....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.