Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
PLUMBERS, CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Boilers, Hot Water & Steam Heating

Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #1

View Prscptn Plmbng's Photo Album My Photos
Default Under sink recirculation systems

I have a customer that has a tankless and wants a under counter recirculation pump. I have been a devoted grundfos installer but the closest the get to under the counter are their comfort systems, but the pump mounts on the water heater and are controlled with a timer.... installing that on a tankless would kill it...

I have no idea what tankless he has yet.

The question is which manufacture has the beret better under sink system ?

Prescription Plumbing Inc
P.O.Box 6378
Oceanside, CA 92502

Prscptn Plmbng is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Plumbers Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

PlumbingZone.com - Are you a Professional Plumbing Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for plumbers to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that PlumbingZone.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join PlumbingZone.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Lego Expert

View GREENPLUM's Photo Album My Photos

why not use a Taco, these systems work well for me

D'MAND® System

Product > Water Circulation Pumps & Circulators > Wet Rotor Circulators > D'MAND® System

The Taco D’MAND System is the only recirculating system that operates 24 hours to provide hot water “on demand” at the same time it saves water, energy and money.

The D’MAND System is a small, silent pump that you attach to the hot and cold water lines in the cabinet under the most remote kitchen or bath fixture in the home. When the D’MAND System is activated, the cool water you normally let run down the drain is recirculated back to the water heater through the cold water line.

On demand, the pump circulates hot water from the water heater and returns the cooled water back through the cold water line. When the hot water arrives at the faucet, the D’MAND System’s patented heat sensor and control board shut off the pump to prevent pumping excess hot water into the cold water line.

• Runs Only When Activated by the User
  • Automatically Senses When Water is Hot Enough.
  • Saves Water, Energy and Money
  • Saves Construction Costs—No new return line needed and no need to drain the system.
  • Simple Installation

click image for larger view

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/Fil...ry/102-140.pdf
GREENPLUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GREENPLUM For This Useful Post:
Plumbworker (09-28-2011), SewerRatz (07-19-2011)
Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #3

View BROOKLYN\PLUMB's Photo Album My Photos

Yes
BROOKLYN\PLUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENPLUM
why not use a Taco, these systems work well for me

D'MAND® System

Product > Water Circulation Pumps & Circulators > Wet Rotor Circulators > D'MAND® System

The Taco D’MAND System is the only recirculating system that operates 24 hours to provide hot water “on demand” at the same time it saves water, energy and money.

The D’MAND System is a small, silent pump that you attach to the hot and cold water lines in the cabinet under the most remote kitchen or bath fixture in the home. When the D’MAND System is activated, the cool water you normally let run down the drain is recirculated back to the water heater through the cold water line.

On demand, the pump circulates hot water from the water heater and returns the cooled water back through the cold water line. When the hot water arrives at the faucet, the D’MAND System’s patented heat sensor and control board shut off the pump to prevent pumping excess hot water into the cold water line.

[*]Runs Only When Activated by the User[*]Automatically Senses When Water is Hot Enough.[*]Saves Water, Energy and Money[*]Saves Construction Costs—No new return line needed and no need to drain the system.[*]Simple Installation

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/Fil...ry/102-140.pdf
this is the type of system I'm looking for just looking to find which manufactures are the best

P.O.Box 6378
Oceanside, CA 92502
Old 09-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #5

View Catlin987987's Photo Album My Photos

I am not a fan of the Taco's, I have installed the grunfos comfort system a few times without anycall backs expect to say they work.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Registered Member

View Widdershins's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlin987987 View Post
I am not a fan of the Taco's, I have installed the grunfos comfort system a few times without anycall backs expect to say they work.
The problem is, the Comfort System will not work with a tankless system, whereas the Taco D'Mand system will.
Widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlin987987
I used to only like the go grundfos comfort system, but thru the years of installing them, it's always been a challenge to set the timer for retired people with their habits. It also it's hard with large families that use water at odd changing times each day. With this type of system you should not have it running 24/7 or the cold side will warm up...

The push button system has been great, since my first post I've now installed about 10 and all customers have been praising them.

P.O.Box 6378
Oceanside, CA 92502
Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #8

View beachplumber's Photo Album My Photos

Ther is also a system with wireless sensors. Tje rinnai rep told me about. I don,t have the specifics.

I am late getting to the office, i wiil look into it later
beachplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #9

View plbgbiz's Photo Album My Photos

Might want to mention to the customer the increase in their utility expenses as well.

A retro fitted system won't have any insulated lines.
plbgbiz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plbgbiz For This Useful Post:
Widdershins (09-26-2011)
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #10

View stillaround's Photo Album My Photos

Also there will be tepid cold water at times....

stillaround is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stillaround For This Useful Post:
plbgbiz (09-26-2011), SewerRatz (11-02-2012)