Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
PLUMBERS, CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Professional Plumbers Forum > Drain and Sewer Cleaning

Old 12-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Magic Touch III LLC

View Magic Touch III's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to Magic Touch III
Default Sewer Camera..Insight Vision..VuTek Model GT200-SL

I am going to purchase a video inspection camera in a few weeks...I have read up on many of the most popular models out there....For me 200'.. color.. and USB or DVD recording is a must....self leveling would be nice...I've looked at Ridgid and I suspect they set the standard for video inspection systems in the plumbing industry...While doing my research I found the Vu Teck GT-200-SL Series camera made by Insight Vision and I liked it alot....Not only did I get a demo of the unit but I found out they are made right here in the same town I live in..Saukville Wi. I like to buy local when I can....I can get all the features I want in this camera and they are willing to give me a loaner should mine need service. no shipping charges and close techinical support,...Question is...Does anyone here have an opinion on the Insight Vision Company and or the Vu Tek GT-200-SL. model? Cost is going to be in the very low 7K range...Thank You...Tom

Magic Touch III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Plumbers Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

PlumbingZone.com - Are you a Professional Plumbing Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for plumbers to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that PlumbingZone.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join PlumbingZone.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #2

View breid1903's Photo Album My Photos

"insight vision cameras" use search function. use show posts. read all posts. breid..............
breid1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
waterheaterzone.com

View service guy's Photo Album My Photos

I checked out one of their cameras (I am almost positive it was Insight Vision) at a trade show once, and it was really nice. It was one of the remote-controlled models and a bit pricey...around $10,000, this was a few years ago. It definitely had the appearance of being high-quality though.

I owned a Seesnake, and those babies are tough. I don't know if Insight Vision's is as tough, Ridgid definitely has set the bar high.
service guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Magic Touch III LLC

View Magic Touch III's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to Magic Touch III
Default Vu Tek Search

Thanks for the advice...I had already done the search on the Vu Tek & Insight Vision here on the forum prior to this post and found Insight Vision mentioned vaguely 4 times and the Vu Tek not mentioned at all... So thats why I had ask if anyone here knew about the model GT-200-SL Vu Tek Camera..Hoping for personal experience and details..that sort of thing...From what I can tell its a well made camera... Thank You. Tom
Magic Touch III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #5

View plbgbiz's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Touch III View Post
...they are made right here in the same town I live in....they are willing to give me a loaner should mine need service....
Those are huge benefits.
plbgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #6

View breid1903's Photo Album My Photos

you might just ask "bollinger plumbing" he has an insight. find out which. he seems happy with it. breid...............
breid1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
Plumber Manhattan Beach

View WestCoastPlumber's Photo Album My Photos

I have a Ridgid cs1000 and multiple reels, I have tried geneye, hated it, in my book nothing is better then ridgid.

the cs1000 records on a usb, and i transfer it to ridgids software which is loaded on my laptop.

I use that, also I have the lt1000, which uses my laptop. I recommend a rugged laptop if you go this route.

As for self level head, not really worth it and breaks often.

good luck. buy ridgid, buy once
WestCoastPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #8

View TallCoolOne's Photo Album My Photos

I have been doing sewer camera for 15 years, Only owned Ridgid.

I have 3 Ridgid Sea Snakes, they are worth the extra money you may spend, In my opinion the are heads and shoulders the best and I would never switch brands or consider another brand.
TallCoolOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #9

View markltguy's Photo Album My Photos

Just getting started in Residential service. Do you feel a camera system is a must have? If so, is there an inexpensive one to get start with?
markltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Nayman's

View Nayman's Drain's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by markltguy View Post
Just getting started in Residential service. Do you feel a camera system is a must have? If so, is there an inexpensive one to get start with?
If you're just getting started, I would wait a year or so before putting out the kind of coin needed.
Find out from your clients if they would be willing to part with whatever amount you are planning to charge. Ask every single one, and go from there.
Make sure you charge enough to pay for the cam AND your time, and keep enough in reserve to get your cam fixed in case of breakdown.
Nayman's Drain is offline   Reply With Quote