Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Walk in tubs

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  futz 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with these? I've got a customer that's interested and I'm going to see her tommorow. I've put in a few Jacuzzi brand ones and was just wondering if anyone has any recomendations. I remember seeing these a few years ago and now there's a lot more to choose from. Problem is, I'm only familiar with one brand. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, look at this.

Paul

See less See more
#2 ·
I've been thinking about buying one and installing it for mom for Christmas. She prefers baths and has a lot of trouble with her knees and I know she has been looking at them.

I was a little shocked at the prices of the fixtures when I started looking at them.

What is your impression of the Jacuzzi? Quality? Price?

#3 ·
The Jacuzzi was nice. VERY easy to install as it comes built on a fully adjustable aluminum frame with, i think, 6 adjustable feet. Pretty much like leveling a dishwasher. The front panels remove for hooking up the W&O and re-attach with magnets. I was surprised at how easy the install was. You do need a helper to move it around though. Definately not cheap, that's for sure. I think the non-jetted, non-heated, non-nothing one was $2,500+.

I'd like to learn more about the ones they're advertising on tv with the pump that drains them in less than a minute. That always seemed to be a potential hassle with the style, waiting who knows how long to drain 50-70 gallons of dirtly, luke warm water while you're sitting in it.

Paul

#8 ·
That always seemed to be a potential hassle with the style, waiting who knows how long to drain 50-70 gallons of dirtly, luke warm water while you're sitting in it Paul
My concern it waiting on it to fill up.

#4 ·
Someone gave me a printout of another unit off the internet that was below $2000 but I have not checked in to it yet. If I get back to the office today I will post the link for you. If not I'll post it tomorrow.

Don't remember the brand or know anything about the quality yet but it is another source for you to look at.

#6 ·
I just picked up some info on a company called Glamourbaths. They're made just down the coast from me in L.A. so availability is good and they seem to be pretty nice. The cheapest one they have is a standard, non-jetted soaker and it lists at $4,999. The Air-Hydro jetted one is $6,999. They come with a lifetime warranty on the steel frame, fiberglass tub, finish and door seel. They have a "limited lifetime replacement warranty" on everything else. They come with pre-installed valves but I have no idea on their quality. According to their website, they are the only walk-in tubs with ADA compliant chair heights. Made of fiberglass, not acrylic.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.