CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Material and Products

View Poll Results: Will you buy one
Yes 1 9.09%
Yes, for $20, looks like a deal 1 9.09%
Maybe, you buy one first then tell us Dunbar 7 63.64%
Maybe, it's very new to the market 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
www.DunbarPlumbing.com

View DUNBAR PLUMBING's Photo Album My Photos
Default V-Pump - Submersible Pump - No electric or moving parts

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIr0rRgOQcs"]YouTube - V-Pump Submersible Water Pump[/ame]

Tell me this isn't a very good invention, damn us plumbers for not coming up with this idea ourselves.

From the way it looks, it's super simple, and incorporates a jetted nozzle that has the free atmosphere surrounding the tube that allows for a connection to remove water.

In the process of jetting the water into the tube, it then suctions the water around it that enters into the tube.

The jury is still out, given it is a new product, and it claims 1200 gallon per hour removal. Equation says 10 parts to 1 part water.

For light duty use, I've found a million things that DON'T work, so for less than $20 I think it's at least got a chance.

I would say it needs a stand to support it, so someone could leave it in a spot so it'll work.

Like they always say; if it is good, someone will steal the idea and try to change it, make money off of it as well. Time will tell. I can see how it works, just curious as to "how" good it works.

Thoughts and Opinons?

Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 04-27-2011 at 04:51 AM..
DUNBAR PLUMBING is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #2

View plumb nutz's Photo Album My Photos

Probably be handy when power goes out but the need for water limits its use. Wondering how much pressure is required for the device

I've installed 1 water backup pump. Worked ok. Here you have to have a RPZ adding to the cost. I've also wondered if power goes out over an extended period how high the water bill would be.
I guess if .you live on an area that has frequent power outages it would be one avenue to pursue, however think a generator would pay off in the long haul
plumb nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plumb nutz For This Useful Post:
DUNBAR PLUMBING (04-27-2011)
Old 04-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
www.DunbarPlumbing.com

This seems to be a sort of take off of those water powered sump pumps.

People don't mind using water as long as it is comparable to what an electric one will do. That's the difference.

I found out about this through a guy who has his own talk show on the radio.

His tweet feed had info on it, but no link. I just recently pumped a basement with an electric pump but the danger lurked when the connection to electric pulled into the water.

NOT COOL. The hose got pulled through the window moving the pump where I had set it.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #4

View plumb nutz's Photo Album My Photos

If I had 20 bucks to spare is try it, I'm sure I could use it someday
plumb nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
I'm right your wrong

View easttexasplumb's Photo Album My Photos

What if there is a water leak, got to turn off the the water, thus no use of a water powered pump.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
www.DunbarPlumbing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttexasplumb View Post
What if there is a water leak, got to turn off the the water, thus no use of a water powered pump.

I would say, unlikely, but anything is possible.

I'm curious if there was resistance (length of hose) connected the discharge of this design greatly affects performance.

Poll so far says 5 people want me to try it and see if it works. I'd like to see more videos of it in action.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #7
I'm right your wrong

View easttexasplumb's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
I would say, unlikely, but anything is possible.

I'm curious if there was resistance (length of hose) connected the discharge of this design greatly affects performance.

Poll so far says 5 people want me to try it and see if it works. I'd like to see more videos of it in action.

Lets just call this exibit A
Old 04-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #8
www.DunbarPlumbing.com

Ahhh IC! IC!~

You meant frozen/burst water lines leading to flooding.

Yes, highly probable and that design of pump won't work. Only if you're willing to pull a garden hose from a neighbor's faucet, and that's not happening in the cold.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #9

View Netmouse's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
From the way it looks, it's super simple, and incorporates a jetted nozzle that has the free atmosphere surrounding the tube that allows for a connection to remove water.

In the process of jetting the water into the tube, it then suctions the water around it that enters into the tube.
I was finding information about this V-pump. I'm wondering if you can elaborate more about this pump? It sounds interesting. Have you tried it?
Netmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
www.DunbarPlumbing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netmouse View Post
I was finding information about this V-pump. I'm wondering if you can elaborate more about this pump? It sounds interesting. Have you tried it?

The product manufacture of V-pump would not respond to my request for the product, as I mentioned I would give my personal review and provide video of the product on youtube so that others can see the product in action.

But when someone refuses to spend a dollar to make ten dollars (knowing that IF the product works, why not put it in the hands of others that can broadcast its value) it instantly throws caution to the wind that obviously there's more to be seen. I explained that I'd give an unbiased review of the product. I made sure that was known.

But, from my observations of their videos:

I notice that the discharge line is always very short. That would indicate that any length of the discharge line creates resistance, thus limiting how effective that pump operates.

But for the price and the simplicity of the product, it might be a value, to some.

This thread is moving past 600 views and the recent activity will move it on up. But it never goes away for future viewers.

I was shocked to not get a response from this product manufacture. Every mock example though is revealing that this product has serious limitations, and if they start showing more realistic videos showing water being moved 15-45 feet, not 4-8' like what is being shown... I'm a believer in its value.

The consumer does not want to be tricked into another product that 'does it all' and then realize they still need another product to do the job... and by the way they wasted a lot of water in the process, to add to it. You have to dig hard to find the specifics of this product and what it will do. Not my job to defend or worship its value. I'm a consumer like everyone else and I'm not sold on the product for versatility... and what if that orifice gets clogged?

That's a consideration if you've got anything but clean water. The sand demonstration was good, but we all know dirt/debri is something that would clog.

I'm always good for an opinion on products in the industry. This product is soon to find out that my opinion is valued as it has been for quite some time across the internet.

Tags
joke, submersible pump, the velocity pump, toy, v-pump, v-pump.com, water pump