CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Professional Bullshioter

View ILPlumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default Yup, I went there

Why is it whenever a product fails code approval testing the union is the first to get bashed?

Products are tested by the state code authority in state buildings or other approved locations. Performance is monitored for a decision when the advisory council meets.

Do you think for one second most union contractors care if small time residential guys are pulling in pex or installing waterless urinals. Union contractors know where their bread is buttered. Powerplants, schools, hospitals, high rises, clean coal plants, ethanol plants, and public works projects.

Most of the unions effort goes into securing this work. Not trying to put the smack down on waterless urinals.
422 plumber (09-08-2009), breid1903 (09-09-2009), SewerRatz (09-08-2009)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Illinois Licensed Plumber

View SewerRatz's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via MSN to SewerRatz Send a message via Yahoo to SewerRatz

I was working on saying all of the above on the other post, but you did a much better Job, So thank you IlPlumber.
SewerRatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

View TheMaster's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILPlumber View Post
Why is it whenever a product fails code approval testing the union is the first to get bashed?

Products are tested by the state code authority in state buildings or other approved locations. Performance is monitored for a decision when the advisory council meets.

Do you think for one second most union contractors care if small time residential guys are pulling in pex or installing waterless urinals. Union contractors know where their bread is buttered. Powerplants, schools, hospitals, high rises, clean coal plants, ethanol plants, and public works projects.

Most of the unions effort goes into securing this work. Not trying to put the smack down on waterless urinals.
Exactly about the union part of it.........and the waterless urinal is cheezy and stupid.
TheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMaster For This Useful Post:
breid1903 (09-09-2009)