Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
PLUMBERS, CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #1

View Hero Plumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default Wolverine Brass issues

Newbie here, I searched and looked for similar topic, but could not find one unless it was in someother thread. If I overlooked it, flame suit is on.

My father always raived about how great this stuff was.

Over the last 2 years I figured I would give there products a whirl.

The cons

1.) The S-traps and any tubular bend. all tend to crack split. I have replaced 6 instances in the last year, all from other contractor installs

2.) The 8500 series pull out spout kitchen faucet, the threaded mounting tube pulled out after 3 days.

3.) The 8500 series pull out spout kitchen faucet, (two instances) the spout body locks up and faucet will not swing. So the whole faucet moves when someone bears down on it to move the faucet to the 2nd bowl. This faucet has an uncanny resemblence to a Price Phister faucet I took out the other week that had this some problem. The supply lines coming out were identical

4.) The warranty lowdown. IF the customer/or contractor does not fill out the warranty card. the warranty is only one year.........one year from when you ordered it! so If it sat on the truck for one year and no card is filled out....no warranty.

The Pros

1.) the brass toilet bolts and tank bolts are nice
2.) the WB brand ball valves are nice and heavy

I promise no more negative comments on WB. I just got home from work today feeling disappointed in there tubular products. After replacing some WB tubular products today.

-Joel
Guardian Plumbing

Hero Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join Contractor Talk

Join the #1 Plumbers Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

PlumbingZone.com - Are you a Professional Plumbing Contractor? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for plumbers to meet online. No homeowners asking DIY questions. Just fellow tradesmen who enjoy talking about their business, their trade, and anything else that comes up. No matter what your specialty is you'll find that PlumbingZone.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join PlumbingZone.com - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Professional Bullshioter

View ILPlumber's Photo Album My Photos

The past WB thread we had here was one of the boards greatest hits...

I'm sure this one will also not dissapoint.
ILPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ILPlumber For This Useful Post:
Protech (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Certified Lunatic

View Redwood's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Redwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Plumber View Post
Newbie here, I searched and looked for similar topic, but could not find one unless it was in someother thread. If I overlooked it, flame suit is on.
I find that hard to believe...
Or, maybe they are all locked away in the lounge...

Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
www.DunbarPlumbing.com

View DUNBAR PLUMBING's Photo Album My Photos

4.) The warranty lowdown. IF the customer/or contractor does not fill out the warranty card. the warranty is only one year.........one year from when you ordered it! so If it sat on the truck for one year and no card is filled out....no warranty.

Aaaaaaaand I'm back. lol

Delta? Lifetime...you can go 20 years back or more most times with ease.
DUNBAR PLUMBING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
www.DunbarPlumbing.com

View DUNBAR PLUMBING's Photo Album My Photos

Pretty much #4 is a BS protection of sorts, and consider it a board meeting where the business model is "We understand that if we implement this design we will not only grow our profits at the cost of the consumer, but we'll exclude ourselves from any implied liability both from the initial product AND the tentative agreement with the original installer.

Wolverine Brass?

I'm not leaving. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
DUNBAR PLUMBING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #6

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

I think the 100 year warranty on faucet cartridge is pretty stupid. But the finish and faucet warranty is only 1 yr. That's ridiculous. Who is going to believe a 100 yr. warranty on a faucet part?!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
3KP
Plumbing Contractor

View 3KP's Photo Album My Photos

Get your facts straight read below!

AS in my WB book it states word from word:

All Wolverine Brass faucets are manufactured under our highest standards of quality and workmanship. Every faucet is 100% tested prior to boxing. Wolverine warrants the original purchaser that our faucets will be drip free FOR 100 YEARS and all finish excluding *oil rubbed bronze to be free from defects in material and workmanship FOR 100 Years. Wolverine will replace FREE OF CHARGE during the warranty period any cartiage or finish that proves defective under normal use and service. Defective cartridge or finish must be returned directly to Wolverine Brass for free replacement.

(One Year Warranty On Oil Rubbed Bronze Finishes)

This warranty covers replacement of cartridges and finish only and does not include labor charges and / or damage incurred in installation. Finish warranty is not covered if finish is exsposed to extreme use of cleaners containing abrasives, alcohol, extreme cleaning, or chemical use, or damage due to abuse or neglect. ** Please see cleaning instructions provided with each faucet. This warranty excludes all industrial, commercial, and business usage of faucets and only pertains to residential use. Faucets used for other than residential use are covered by 1 year limited warranty from date of purchase.

have a good day you just got educated...

'Have a Blessed Day!"

3KP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3KP For This Useful Post:
1703 (09-02-2010), Phat Cat (09-02-2010), user2090 (09-02-2010)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #8

View RealLivePlumber's Photo Album My Photos

I use the 17 Ga. tubular.

Never a problem.

And, I have never had an issue with a warranty. Course, I never had many warranty's . Besides, every thing out there has a warranty card that "must be filled out and sent in"

Next
RealLivePlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealLivePlumber For This Useful Post:
130 PLUMBER (09-02-2010), 1703 (09-02-2010), Phat Cat (09-02-2010)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #9
Registered Member

View 1703's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLivePlumber View Post
I use the 17 Ga. tubular.

Never a problem.

Next
same here.
1703 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1703 For This Useful Post:
Phat Cat (09-02-2010), RealLivePlumber (09-02-2010)
Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
Lego Expert

View GREENPLUM's Photo Album My Photos

I dont know anyone that would buy a Wolverine Brass faucet if they compared it with a Moen or Delta. They hafta be pushed hard by the person selling them.

Moen and Delta have better Warranty's, Designs, and LIFEtime Finishes.

I thinks its funny that Wolverine Brass even has the Oil Rubbed Bronze finish. There faucets are so ugly, ORB isn't going to help them.

Ive Plumbed some very nice homes, and been inside some very lush places. Wolverine Brass Faucets were never installed at any of them. NEVER
GREENPLUM is offline   Reply With Quote