Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Contractor price

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Bill 
#1 ·
I have a customer who wants a pool pump installed...im so backed up that i want to sub this out...what is a good price to sub this out for? it is a 2hp pool pump...needs wiring etc...replacement pump...

thanks

#2 ·
I would charge about $40 for the installation, $30 for the wiring, $20 for your trouble, and the parts at your cost. In today's economy you can't expect to charge too much.

Give the customer the quote. Lock the job in. Then go to www.craigslist.com and advertise your job with the prices I quoted. You should have no problem finding someone who will do it for that.

#4 · (Edited)
Now now, you don't have to be rude. Take a lesson from me and try to be helpful to the newbie handyman who registered and posted on a board that plainly stated it is for professional plumbers only.

See, I was all nice and helpful. Even told him where to go to hire his help from. (Knowing what kind of lowballing scum Craigslist is filled with, I figured they would be a good match. You know, kinda like deserve each other.)

So yeah, if you could join me in being "helpful" from now on that would be appreciated.

BTW, I would like to know what makes a handyman think he can disrespect the rules of a discussion forum and then get help from it's members. I can't quite wrap my mind around that. is it arrogance? Stupidity? What is it?

#7 ·
I cannot help you, In my state is against the law to sub-contract work without a contractors license. Only the following may legally contract work in my state-

Certified Residential Contractor
Certified Building Contractor
Certified General Contractor

I am sorry I cannot help you. I would not want to be party to the felony of unlicensed contracting.

Have a wonderful day- and good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.