CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion

Old 03-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #1

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos
Default E-Mail from DBPR of Florida

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/

I received a request to participate in a short survey from the state the other day. Did any of you other licensed Florida plumbers receive the same e-mail?

One question was, "What would you like seen done to the state exams?"

I answered, 'Make the exams more difficult.'

There was an area for you to enter a comment. I went off on all the un-licensed people who advertise on Craigs List. I told the state there should be laws that should prohibit CL from even allowing un-licensed guys to post. There are already laws prohibiting a person from advertising as a plumber without possessing a license, but I don't think CL is liable for ACCEPTING posts from un-licensed guys. (Sort of like a newspaper asserting that they are not responsible for errors in advertisements made by others posting ads in print)

I encourage all other licensed professionals from Florida to send similar comments to the DBPR (Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation) via their e-mail survey. Perhaps they will act.

Probably the budget doesn't allow for the hiring of enforcement personnel, but if enough voices are sending the same message, perhaps the state will take notice.

I believe that it is partly my responsibility to aid in something being done to the CL crowd. Collectively we can make a difference.

Even if the state just monitors the website(s) of un-licensed persons, then makes a threatening telephone call to said un-licensed persons, promising to prosecute them for advertising without the proper credentials. This would at least be a step in the right direction.
Epox (03-13-2012), Mississippiplum (03-10-2012), RealCraftsMan (03-12-2012), SlickRick (03-13-2012), TPWinc (03-11-2012)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 03-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Tim`s Plumbing

View Tim`s Plumbing's Photo Album My Photos

I agree with what you are saying about CL advertising but how`s about making anyone who works for a plumbing contractor to hold either a journeymans license or a apprenticeship too. If we want the trade to stand out we need the states to require everyone doing plumbing to be licensed first.
Tim`s Plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #3

View Tommy plumber's Photo Album My Photos

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...b-vila-psa.asp#

This is what FL is posting on the state's website for homeowners. The state is telling HO's who hire a contractor to check the contractor's license. It's a step in the right direction.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
I aint CPV see in it?

View ROCKSTARPLUMBER's Photo Album My Photos

i received the same email. I am suprised they did not revoke my license after the last email I had sent them.
ROCKSTARPLUMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCKSTARPLUMBER For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #5

View user2090's Photo Album My Photos

Not that I'm in Florida, but what we should be asking for is the enforcement of the laws that are on the books. That is the gist of the emails I have sent to my representatives. Speaking of that, its high time I aggravate them again.
user2090 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to user2090 For This Useful Post:
Tommy plumber (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #6

View cbeck's Photo Album My Photos

I received that same email a couple weeks ago
cbeck is offline   Reply With Quote