Hunters - Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree11Likes

Old 12-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #1

View Johnny Canuck's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hunters

We have a section for shooters and I was just wondering how everyone did this fall. Show some pics of your game. Because of changing Provinces I wasn't able to go (yet) so I'm living vicariously through everyone else
Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #2

View ShtRnsdownhill's Photo Album My Photos

it was a good year, my son got a doe on the early youth season and I got a big doe opening weekend and I picked up a fresh roadkill around the corner from my place upstate in the morning after someone wacked it with there car, still warm to the touch and only the guts were jellied, all the other good cuts were in great shape..the young does taste the best, a friend got a nice big 8 pointer and the tender lions were good, but even the backstrap was tough and gamey, so that will be stew and jerky meat..first pic is my son and his doe..second is my doe in the butcher room( made the silo building into a butcher room with tables and sinks) after butchering just hose all the blood and hair out the door..and some other pics of hunting season..
Attached Thumbnails
Hunters-hunting-003.jpg  

Hunters-decemner-2016-043.jpg  

Hunters-decemner-2016-041.jpg  

Hunters-decemner-2016-023.jpg  

Hunters-decemner-2016-039.jpg  

chonkie and Johnny Canuck like this.
ShtRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:47 AM   #3

here is my flock of about 30 wild turkeys walking across one of the hay fields on my place..of course it wasnt turkey season..
Attached Thumbnails
Hunters-decemner-2016-036.jpg  

dhal22 and chonkie like this.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #4

View Johnny Canuck's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
it was a good year, my son got a doe on the early youth season and I got a big doe opening weekend and I picked up a fresh roadkill around the corner from my place upstate in the morning after someone wacked it with there car, still warm to the touch and only the guts were jellied, all the other good cuts were in great shape..the young does taste the best, a friend got a nice big 8 pointer and the tender lions were good, but even the backstrap was tough and gamey, so that will be stew and jerky meat..first pic is my son and his doe..second is my doe in the butcher room( made the silo building into a butcher room with tables and sinks) after butchering just hose all the blood and hair out the door..and some other pics of hunting season..
NICE! Its great to see a youngster spending time outdoors rather than having his head glued to his phone. My daughter shot her first grouse last year when she was 14 years old - she spotted it behind our house. I grabbed the gun but not my glasses. It sat there while she kept trying to point me in the right direction. Finally just handed her the 12 gauge. She shot high so it wouldn't get ruined then ran over, cut its head off and cleaned it herself.

What I wouldn't give for a freezer full of game right now.
chonkie likes this.
Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #5

you have a real backwoods daughter ..lol..but really thats great...im sad to say this is about the only time hes not playing computer games, the ex has no clue, both my sons are glued to the dam video games online or on their phones..they live with her , so im at a disadvantage to get them in the right direction..
Old 12-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #6

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

I haven't hunted much since I moved to the suburbs years ago. I miss it but I love the high density customer base more.
dhal22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
I haven't hunted much since I moved to the suburbs years ago. I miss it but I love the high density customer base more.
I agree that on long island( was suburban , now I call it city) you can throw a rock to your next customer, and if I had to work upstate its a looooong distance between customers..the plan is to make money here and leave, because the cost of living on long island is stupid crazy...but you need a little escape place to get off to get out of the rat race and relax and smell the roses as they say..because before you know it years fly by and too much time planning what you want to do and not enough time doing it...you dont live for ever and if you live long doesnt mean you will be mobile to do what you want to...
Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #8

View dhal22's Photo Album My Photos

My uncle has a 100 acres and my brother has 50 or so in the country. I get some shooting in when I'm there.
dhal22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:11 PM   #9
Master Plumber

View plumberkc's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
here is my flock of about 30 wild turkeys walking across one of the hay fields on my place..of course it wasnt turkey season..

I'm starting to think ****runs & redwood are two different people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plumberkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #10

View chonkie's Photo Album My Photos

Had a chance at a doe on Christmas day, unfortunately I was not prepared. Last time shooting my AR I was using my turrets to basically just check them out, I don't really need to adjust the turret when shooting from 100yds then going to 200yds, can easily adjust holdover but I wanted to check them out anyways. Well I forgot to reset the turret when I took it hunting, 50-60yd shot went clear over her. Got two more weeks to try again.
chonkie is offline   Reply With Quote