CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!

Go Back   Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum > Plumbing Tools, Products & Safety > Plumbing Tools and Equipment

Old 10-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #1

View kenb's Photo Album My Photos
Post Slab leak detection equip

I have always used geo phones and air to find slab leaks, But know i own a company and was able to buy the goldak locator and 33oo transmitter for locating these lines out and the 777a leak mic does any one know where i can get so me advice on locating and working this stuff I just am not used to it?
kenb is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PlumbingZone.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #2

View plumbpro's Photo Album My Photos

post an introduction and you will get better responses
plumbpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Certified Lunatic

View Redwood's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Redwood

I like these...

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/dynamic...quality_500319

An intro would be cool...

Redwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #4

View Unitedleak's Photo Album My Photos
Default Water leak detection under slab

Well, the good news is that many people are able to use the equipment you bought and find lots of leaks. The bad news is that is leak detection were that easy, leak detection companies would be out of business. Perfect practice, of course, makes perfect. Listen carefully, and Good Luck. We are a leak detection company in Indiana, and have worked with a number of plumbers who have bouth their own equipment only to continue calling. In fact, I just had a plumber give me some of his equipment after he could not get it to work for him, and his quote was, "Here, maybe you can get this s**t to work." Luckily, I can. Check us out

Last edited by Ron; 10-31-2010 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: Removed link.
Unitedleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #5

View rocksteady's Photo Album My Photos

Wow, a two-fer!

Paul
http://rocksteadyplumbing.com/
rocksteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #6

Default Lousy leak detection equipment

Yeah, well the stuff he bought was lousy, but it works if you're careful enough with it. I would almost rather use witching sticks. Just Kidding (No, but seriously...) Do many of the plumbers in here have a lot of trouble with leak detection? I post and advise and blog telling people that leak detection companies will get them usually within a few inches and should always be within a foot. Is this the exception rather than the rule? What experience do you have with leak deteciton companies? Do they often miss? Come back out if they do? Refund money if they are off? I am in fact one of them, and have been reading horror stories in here. Thanks,

Last edited by Ron; 10-28-2010 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: You don't need to post a link in every post you make.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Ron
Banned

View Ron's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitedleak View Post
Yeah, well the stuff he bought was lousy, but it works if you're careful enough with it. I would almost rather use witching sticks. Just Kidding (No, but seriously...) Do many of the plumbers in here have a lot of trouble with leak detection? I post and advise and blog telling people that leak detection companies will get them usually within a few inches and should always be within a foot. Is this the exception rather than the rule? What experience do you have with leak deteciton companies? Do they often miss? Come back out if they do? Refund money if they are off? I am in fact one of them, and have been reading horror stories in here. Thanks,

Are you even a plumber, IMO leak detection companies are not classified in the plumber trades.

Last edited by Ron; 10-28-2010 at 12:32 AM..
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #8

View rocksteady's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

I am usually pretty accurate doing leak detections myself. I have used leak detection companies and to be honest, they have a much worse record than I do. They don't refund money. They will come back out but not for free. In my experience, it's a lousy racket. I'd say I've had some negative experiences with them.

Paul
http://rocksteadyplumbing.com/
rocksteady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rocksteady For This Useful Post:
Pipe Rat (10-28-2010)
Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

View Protech's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Protech

Dunno, couldn't tell ya. I find my own leaks. Fisher XLT and ridgid navitrack

Quote:
Protech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:57 AM   #10

Default Plumbing Professionals, right?

This is for plumbing professionals, right? I certainly think as does my insurance company, that water and plumbing leak detection is a plumbing profession. How are you, Ron? IMO or IMAO?

Tags
discussions, indiana, slab leaks, tools help, united leak detection