Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Ridgid drain machines

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WrenchMonkey 
#1 ·
I've been using a Ridgid k1500 sectional and a k50 for most of my drain cleaning experience. Recently we purchased a k3800 drum for most of the light duty work. I love it! after using sectionals for so long it's great not having to deal with the mess and the ease of set up. The majority of our work is in commercial buildings and office towers and the 3800 is great for 95% of the calls. The question I have is this, the k1500, though a great machine is to bulky and troublesome in tight spots. What is a good drum machine to take its place? My boss swears by the 1500 but there has to be a better way than lugging this thing around and trying to keep the sections and mess contained in the guide tail. (I've had the cable pop out a couple of times and damage something) Sorry about the long winded run on post. any info would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
<snip>
1500 but there has to be a better way than lugging this thing around and trying to keep the sections and mess contained in the guide tail. (I've had the cable pop out a couple of times and damage something) Sorry about the long winded run on post. any info would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Guide tail, thats OK for one cable. If you have the room you can couple to the guide tail with a reduced fernco and a lenght of 2" PVC/ABS.

This gives a lot more footage on the tail to contain a pull back or push in,
with out the cable snagging a rug -- whatever or knocking over a table with a $1000.00 statue of OBAMA on it. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.